Why does my computer freeze after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7?

IamAshMcLean September 7, 2012

When I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, the computer worked very well, until for 30-45 seconds, the system just froze. The hard drive light didn’t get intermittent light, instead kept the light still. After that, the computer worked again normal.

The Computer originally came with Windows Vista. I installed all drivers that are compatible with the laptop, even downloaded from the Acer support website.

1. IamAshMcLean

Thank You So much for the comments. I Appreciated the help from you people.
    Problem Solved. Downloading one driver from Intel, and the computer stop freezing constantly. :)

2. Gabriel Avila

you might just be using the minimum of ram and cpu needed to run the operating system

3. Abby Rakshit

Maybe hardware is not compatible enough or you maybe lacking the new patches and packages.

4. Dave Rimmer

Try repairing your Pc with the Windows Disk.

5. Erlis Dhima

I did have the same problem... But after installing the lasted updates, there is not any problem!
    So, I would suggest you the same!

6. Dalsan

It could be superfetch and indexing that may be causing the hard drive to be overworking for "no apparent reason", and is why superfetch may not be good for solid state drives. Superfetch tries to load "predicted" programs' data into memory so that the programs it "thinks" you are going to use next will load quicker, but only works this way if you have a predictable routine of programs that you normally use. If you use different programs at different times and causes predictions not to be determined properly, performance of your system will drop as your hard drive will randomly become overly active, even without you doing anything at all with your computer. Press Windows button + r to open the run command and type in services.msc then enter. Search for the Superfetch service and disable it. See if it helps and if you notice any performance difference. If your performance is slower by disabling Superfetch, then enable it again using the same steps, but be aware that hard drive usage at random will occur from time to time. If you notice better performance with this service off, then keep it that way and your random hard drive usage should be reduced. If you don't use Windows search, you can disable indexing with the same steps, just look for the Indexing service and disable it. Most times performance will increase, but searching for files will take longer to find. I recommend using third party software for searching anyways since they will be quicker, simpler, and not use extra services to do so that can cause performance drops.

7. Nishit Patel

You should check for System File checker within windows..
    Follow this (Without the quotes)...
    --->Hit "Win+R" key...(Run Window will pop up...)
    --->Type "cmd" & Hit Enter...(Command windows will pop up...)
    --->Now type "cd\" ...
    --->Type "sfc /scannow"...Hit Enter (Note that there is a space between "sfc" and "/"...)

Now wait until it finishes the scan...Then restart the computer after finish..
    Let me know if this works...

did you installed the updates like SP1? if no do that.

Run Check Disk to check your hard drive disk for file system errors.
    1) Open the Start Menu and click on the Computer button.
    2) Right click the windows hard disk drive and click on Properties
    3) Click on the Tools tab, and click on the Check now button under Error-checking.
    4) Check the box Scan and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

• IamAshMcLean

Thank You so much... I did all that, Check Disk and already have SP1, but the same problem.