Why doesn’t my computer detect my MicroSD card?

karan singh December 8, 2011

I can’t access my Micro SD card? It says “Error: Please insert disk in to drive.” The disk is in the drive!

1. Kaushik Pasi

My card reader in laptop detects other memory card but not this specific one. I checked its not broken. I was using it in my nokia phone and suddenly one day said memory card not found. Now I am trying to use it in my laptop but still it doesn't detects it.
    Is my card gone corrupt??? Or any other solution??

right click on computer and choose manage then under Disk management see if your memory card is shown and if yes double click on it; Or right click and choose change Drive letter and path.

• Oron

The fact that it's not showing up properly on either the phone or the laptop suggests it is corrupt. You may be able to reformat it - try doing so on the phone first.

• Kaushik Pasi

It is not detected by the phone.

• Oron

In that case, I'm afraid all I can suggest is what ha14 suggests above, disk management or a third party utility.

2. leonheart

my BB mobile cant read my 2gb sd card, when i formatting it, it will not recognize but in the first place i can view it inside the sd card after 30 seconds it will gone not recognize...pls help me to recover it.

3. Niks

Check if your card is locked .

the reader may be is corrupted, is it external reader or you are inserting directly to the pc/laptop?

• Han

hi
      thx for you reccomend. but my Laptops SD is not reading my new Micri SD card. If laptop SD reader is broken , it's possibleĀ  to repair it? How to know that is broken or not? tnx

depends on how its broken:faulty, here is a discussion
        http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/11414-28-card-reader-card-write-protected
        it is up to you to decide, since it can void the warranty

or try to uninstall the driver, reboot, download a new copy from the manufacturer site install and reboot.

before going through steps try another micro sd card and see if the message repeats.

Perhaps you're cliking on the wrong drive. Or your card is broken. Have you tried in another PC? Or a camera, maybe?