Why doesn’t my computer detect my MicroSD card?
Question by karan singh /

I can’t access my Micro SD card? It says “Error: Please insert disk in to drive.” The disk is in the drive!

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Raspberry Pi Projects
Raspberry Pi Projects
Technology Explained
Technology Explained
Arduino Projects
Arduino Projects
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Cool Toys and Gadgets
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion
Wearable Tech
Wearable Tech

• Kaushik Pasi

My card reader in laptop detects other memory card but not this specific one. I checked its not broken. I was using it in my nokia phone and suddenly one day said memory card not found. Now I am trying to use it in my laptop but still it doesn’t detects it.
    Is my card gone corrupt??? Or any other solution??

• leonheart

my BB mobile cant read my 2gb sd card, when i formatting it, it will not recognize but in the first place i can view it inside the sd card after 30 seconds it will gone not recognize…pls help me to recover it.

• Niks

Check if your card is locked .

the reader may be is corrupted, is it external reader or you are inserting directly to the pc/laptop?

• Han

hi
      thx for you reccomend. but my Laptops SD is not reading my new Micri SD card. If laptop SD reader is broken , it’s possible  to repair it? How to know that is broken or not? tnx

depends on how its broken:faulty, here is a discussion
      http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/11414-28-card-reader-card-write-protected
      it is up to you to decide, since it can void the warranty

or try to uninstall the driver, reboot, download a new copy from the manufacturer site install and reboot.

before going through steps try another micro sd card and see if the message repeats.

Perhaps you’re cliking on the wrong drive. Or your card is broken. Have you tried in another PC? Or a camera, maybe?