Why is my computer crashing to a blue screen at boot?
Question by Sylvia Intan Sari Dewi /

My computer was working fine, but now it suddenly gives me a blue screen whenever I turn it on and won’t go to Windows. Does anyone know what causes this?

• James

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 00000014
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 82EA7731
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump71012-33914-01.dmp
    C:\Users\PC USER\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41574-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

try to see if your cables are well plugged especially to the hard drive that has your windows OS.

Other then this if you have your windows os cd boot on it and choose repair.

Hello, have you done any changes to your computer recently?  Have you installed new hardware or software?  Any updates?  Any new drivers?  To make things easier, it would be better if you post what error/errors you are getting in the blue screen and also what the file/driver causing it is.  There are hundreds of errors you can get in a blue screen and there can be many causes.  Only thing I can tell you with the facts you have given is that is has to be a driver affecting your boot up.  As to what driver it is, I do not known unless you can give us an error code.

You could try pressing F8 key when starting computer and see if you can select the last known configuration that worked option.  Once you select that, restart computer and see if that fixes it. 

• Jeff Fabish

Hi Sylvia,

Have you recently installed any software, updates, drivers or hardware? Also, next time you get a blue screen, please try to identify the stop error. Write it down and post it in a reply, if it stays on the screen long enough. 

Restart in safe mode. To do so, restart your computer and tap F8 after the BIOS splash screen. A boot menu should appear, select “Start Windows in Safe Mode”. Once safe mode loads, go to start -> run/search and type “msconfig.exe” and press enter. Go to the “Startup” tab and deselect all items, then press apply. Next (still in safe mode) go to Start -> Run/Search and type “devmgmt.msc”, then press enter. Remove any drivers with an exclamation or question mark next to them.