Why does my computer crash while playing games?

Ted Shipp October 15, 2014

Why does my laptop keep crashing mid-game and whenever it does I have to restart it. Do you guys know any answers?
When I’m playing a game, my screen completely freezes. I cant alt+tab or anything. Also, when I turn it off to restart it, the screen doesn’t come on and to fix it I have to take out the charger and battery, plug both back in then start it up again. I’ve updated my graphics drivers and I don’t think it is my specs because I’ve played these games many a time before.
My specs are:
GPU: GeForce GTX 675M
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM

scan with can you run it, pick the game from the drop down list, check the recommendation
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

What games are crashing? What operating system, version and edition are you using? Is it up-to-date with all of its patches? What video driver version are you running? Are you also running system optimization software on the system? What antivirus software are you using?