Why does my computer crash with a BSOD every time I run a video or try to chat?

Richard January 11, 2011

My PC displays the BSOD when I run any video or when I try to chat. The funny thing is that the TV runs without a hitch.

Richard,

was this answer helpful? Were you able to find out what causes your BSOD crashes and could you fix it? Please let us know!

Hi
    While bsod, the dump file which contains the information about the bsod will be copied to C:Windowsminidump folder; check it and see what it says.

you will need to do some diagnosis to resolve the problem. With all the possible reasons for the BSOD ranging from software to hardware, or hardware drivers, it is very difficult to list a precise set of instructions for every possibly BSOD. The first step is to narrow down the possible source of this problem. If you are seeing the BSOD randomly, even when in safe mode, chances are it is a hardware issue. If you have recently installed new hardware, this may be the culprit.

Uninstal your nvidia driver then reboot and let windows to install a new one then you can update the driver to the latedt version.

I can be definitely driver-related. A conflict between drivers, disable other drivers one by one until you find out if there is a conflict between drivers.

Also which kind of codecs are you using?