Why can my new computer not connect to the wireless network?

Kevin October 7, 2011

A new PC I just got finds the network, but keeps saying the password is incorrect. Other devices connect OK.

Hello, are there any other devices connected to your wireless network?  If there are, check the wireless configuration to double check your password.  Also double check to see what kind of encryption is in use.  Once you get that information, type it in the wireless network configuration for your new computer and see if it works.  If by any chance MAC filtering is in use, you will have to access your router configuration and turn MAC filtering off until you successfully connect the computer to the router.  Once the computer is connected, make sure to add the new MAC address to the configuration and then you can turn MAC filtering ON.

Hmm, I'm no reverse software engineer, but it sounds to me as if the password is incorrect. 

This message is also sometimes given if there is filtering enabled (mac/ip/etc) or your computer isn't included in the router's access list (if enabled).

3. Mjevolve

if its a new computer , i guess it runs Win 7 .

click on the small computer icon in the system tray . and open Network and Sharing Center .

in the left column , click on - Manage Wireless Networks .

right click on the name of the Network you are trying to connect to , and go to properties .

in the dialog box that opens , click on the security tab and check for the field entries .

if your network is password enabled , enter the corresponding password 
    or 
    else leave it blank .

close the window .

turn off and then restart the Wireless , and see if it connects now ..