Why does my computer claim my memory can’t be read when opening software?

rohan December 23, 2011

I have a problem that sometimes happens when I run software – particularly games. The error is “the memory can’t be read” or “the memory can’t be written.” How can I fix it?

Rohan,

Which games? It sounds like the developer(s) have done a poor job managing memory allocation, which if that's the case, theres nothing you can do about it.

- Jeff

Hello, What operating system are you running?  How much memory does the system have installed?  I would start by checking your memory with memtest.  Make sure to run at least 6 passes.  If you get a stick with a few errors, it is better to replace it.  To get a better result, leave only one stick of RAM in slots and check that stick with memtest.  If that one is ok, uninstall it and then install a different stick of ram and run a memtest again.

This is the link for memtest:

http://www.memtest.org/

May be the game is not compatible
    or
    there is a corrupted software that shares some drivers or process with the game and cause that malfunction.

may be the graphic card do not support DirectX requirements to play the game.

Try to install a new video driver.

Which games are you trying to play, which windows version, your graphic card moderl?