Will a computer I bought in Italy work in the US?

Akosua Adae September 3, 2011

Can my HP110-310 SL that I bought in Italy function in the USA? Thank you.

1. Akosua Adae

Guys i cannot afford an i-phone4. Which phone then a bit cheaper can  i buy from Italy and  will function  perfectly in the U.S

Akosua,

I recommend you to ask a new question to get a variety of responses. I'm afraid I don't have an answer to this question. Please click the Ask a Question button in the top left of MakeUseOf Answers and fill in the question form. Thank you!

Hello, you will probably have to change a few easy things like the language, time, localization and also sometimes the kind of keyboard. 

Akosua,

I assume you are referring to the HP Mini, i.e. a netbook.

Yes, your netbook will work in the US. You have to buy/use an adapter for the power plug though, so that you can re-charge your netbook. A regular adapter will work (from Euro to US plug), you don't need to convert from 110V to 220/230V as your power supply unit converts to a different (lower) voltage anyways and it works with either input.

Also your WiFi will work just the same, provided you find a network.

Does that answer your question? Please let us know. Thank you!

• Akosua Adae

Tina, sorry for not replying earlier. Your answer was exellent. thanks

Thank you for the feedback, Akosua!