Why does my computer not boot although fans and CD drive are running?

sahil December 6, 2010

I cleaned up my desktop’s CPU, which I do once a month. I cleaned the fans and the RAM. After I turned on my computer, everything went well until I restarted the computer and it didn’t boot. The fans and CD Rom are working.

I figured out even the RAM is not starting and even if I remove the RAM and turn on the computer, it wouldn’t even give beeps. So I took off the motherboard battery and reinserted it and the computer started, but I restarted it to check and it again went dead.

What can I do now? Has the motherboard or SMPS gone bad?

Please reply fast. My father is going mad at me! :(

1. Susendeep dutta

This thing also happened with me and the technician cleaned up the RAM and reinstalled the CMOS battery.After that the PC booted up but stuck at between.After that I reinstalled my OS and is booting every time.

Hi
    If you have the windows cd then boot on it and use the repair function or you can use the upgrade function but you will need to reactivate windows with the original serial.

Also possible your graphical card driver is corrupted!

Also check your Bios and see if its booting on the hard drive that contains the windows OS.