How can I convert and compress mkv video files to mp4?

rishi January 23, 2011

How can I convert any video file to mp4 and achieve a maximum size of 50 to 500 MB? I want to play the files on my LG Optimus One mobile phone.

I can try to convert mkv to mp4, however mkv file size is 769 MB and after mp4 for mobile converting the size is 1.2 GB. Which mobile video converter will compress the file size?

1. evernn

MKV to MP4 Macprovide users with various of edit functions,such
    as merge funciton, trim function, crop function,trim function, adjust
    function, merge funciton, trim function, and so on.This is a new green
    software,so you don't need to worry about producing any illegal
    software.It also could convert convert MKV to MP4(MPEG-4 Part 14) and HD
    MKV to HD MP4 (High Profile H.264, MP4 VIDEO, H.264).Additionally, it
    can HD MP4 to HD MKV (H.264) convert MKV to MP4(MPEG-4 Part 14).Yuo can try to playing the files on my LG Optimus One mobile phone.

You should know output file size mostly depends a lot on these settings. Mostly depends on the Bitrate you set,,larger Bitrate, larger file size.You can use this video converter convert mkv to mp4 and change setting compressional of size.

The higher the quality, the size will big,and vice versa.Do you want to reduce the video quality?MKV to mp4,you can use Aneesoft Free MP4 Video Converter or Handbrake(convert to Mp4 or MKV).all free.

Hello, you can convert matroska MKV to MP4 using SUPER. It is free software. There are many softwares out there that can do the job. One of the advantages of SUPER is that you do not need to get extra codecs for converting or playing. Here is the link:

With regards to compression, you have to play with the bitrate of audio/video to reach a compression to suit your needs. Remember that the more you compress a file, the more quality you loose but I guess that does not matter that much when you are going to be playing the files in a cellphone.

Here is a link for other possible candidates:

Also you can use handbrake:

This is a tutorial on how to use handbrake:

5. Vibin

You can try Leawo MP4 converter ..It converts Mkv to MP4 But its supports only Windows and MAC. You can download it at