Is it possible to completely reinstall Android on my phone?

Durgappa S August 4, 2012

Is it possible to completely reinstall Android on my phone? Can I do it for free?

1. chan

-reinstall-android-phone

2. Katiniukas

factory reset doesn't help

3. Declan Lopez

usually you can restore it from settings on your android device

4. GHL

I have a situation where I'd like to install a completely new Android system (probably jelly bean at this point) on my Galaxy S3. I'm in Korea and have the Korean version of the S3. The ONLY reason I want to do this is because I cannot install Spot satellite tracking software (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotllc.spotconnect.app&hl=en) since Google Store gives me an "unavailable in your country" message when I try to download the App. Any ideas on how to get around this, or clean-install Android if not? (In case anyone's curious, I'm a paraglider pilot and use Spot satellite gear when flying).

5. VS Vishnu

why..? do facotry reset instead..

A factory reset won't necessarily remove your user installed apps on SD card. I've found that the surest method of restoring your phone back to stock is to uninstall each and every app before performing a factory reset.

According to this article, a factory reset doesn't touch either the /system or the mnt/sdcard directories, meaning anything you have installed in either directory will remain. Few apps install into the system directory but the SD card remains a place where a lot of apps persist. At least, in my experience, this is true.

7. Declan Lopez

You could reset it to factory default.

8. Christopher Harlan

Yes - depending on your phone model, search XDA Forums and find a stock ROM. Then you can use ODIN or Heidemall to flash the stock rom to your phone. However, if you are just doing it because it got messed up and you would rather want a faster one, I recommend looking into custom roms.

9. ReĆ½ Aetar

whats your phone model????????
    check this site mabe it can help
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/

10. Shakirah Faleh Lai

You need a factory reset, just google your phone model to do so. Back up your files before doing it.

11. Vipul Jain

Please give some details at first.
    Which model do you have? Is it rooted or not?

Whenever your phone gets slowed down and starts giving trouble,you can reset it back to factory setting mode -

http://droidlessons.com/how-to-factory-reset-your-android-device/

This is a free way to revert back to original state the phone was before.

13. Dalsan

Other than performing a hard reset or applying an update, we would need to know your phone model and what service provider and county the phone is used in order to see if you can manually reinstall the operating system. Without this information, doing anything other than an official update or hard reset will render your phone completely useless.

14. Pankaj Rajput

Yes You Can....Just Download Stock ROM and Flash it Using ODIN...simple.. :)

15. Rishabh Sharma

I don't think there any method to do it