Can you help me complete a coding project for an Android app?

khushi July 22, 2011

I am a student and I need to develop a simple mobile application in Android. Unfortunately, I am a Bioinforamtic student and hence don’t have much knowledge about computers and software. But now I need an application for Android, which will perform few very simple tasks for DNA and Protein Sequences.

I have tried to learn from your tutorials and have developed the .XML pages in Android; I am using Eclipse Helios. I also have developed the DNA and Protein “.Java” file in which the functions are present to perform the tasks. The problem I am facing is that I have no idea how to link the interface or .XML file to the code and how can I call those .Java files?

Kindly do reply fast and help me out, I have very little time left.

Thank you!

Khushi - try Android App Inventor...you really don't need any programming skills at all. It's a full graphical interface. It has a little bit of a learning curve to understand the actions that you can create for objects on the screen. However, if you're looking to create a fairly simple app that does some calculations or something - this should really do the trick for you.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/quick-guide-developing-android-apps-google-app-inventor/