How do I compare a cell phone’s band and mode?

Katya S January 25, 2014

Hello,
I am getting ready to buy a Blackberry Q10 and noticed a small difference between 2 different colors of the same model. Even though they’re the same model, one is $100 more than the other. In comparing, the only difference I found was this:

• The more expensive version lists band and mode as: 4G LTE|GSM|HSDPA
  • The cheaper version lists band and mode as: GSM|HSDPA|4G LTE

I know 4G is preferred, but I read somewhere that the LTE portion didn’t meet certain requirements. Anyway, what do the differences mean? They list the same things but in different order, so it must be something. And is the difference worth the extra $100?

We would need more information on each of the two BlackBerry Q10's, but it could also be that one color is on sale while the others are not (has been known to happen on occasion with different products and electronics). If there is a frequency range for the different bands, that may clue us in on whether it may be a CDMA or GSM difference or not. Otherwise, just having the order of the band and mode different from one another does not give any ideas on any type of difference there may be, if any.