Should a company or business website be designed in PHP or NET?

Naveen Tripathi November 11, 2011

If anyone wants to get a website designed for his company or business, in which language should he/she get it designed?

PHP.

but I will add that, choose a linux host if you are going to use PHP because windows host sometimes can cause problems in functionality.

LAMP(linux apache mysql php) combination can be less costlier than asp.net.
    PHP is free and open source, .net is not, you will need windows hosts for asp.net.

finally it's your choice, php is more popular on websites (google and facebook), but many popular websites like bing, flickr are .net programmed.

• Naveen Tripathi

thank you for your reply i will keep in mind your suggestion.

It depends. Each language has a specific purpose. 

For designing, neither ASP.net nor PHP will suffice. These are development languages, not designing. For designing you will need HTML and CSS, no dispute. 

Server side development, I would use PHP. PHP is a very strong, capable, widely supported, scalable and easy to learn. This would be my primary choice. You of course will probably still make use of client side scripting languages, such as Javascript to perform intermediate work.

I think in general you should aim for a PHP coded site because it's [most likely] the better language and it makes it easier to find someone to further develop or edit the site at a later point.