Why are most of my comments not shown on MakeUseOf articles?

shaurya boogie August 24, 2012

Most of my comments are not displayed on MakeUseOf articles although they can be seen in my profile. Please MakeUseOf help!

1. Tony Batty

Hey! Tina, that a very good reply and it is very important to note, I would not deny it I love the rewards, but I do my best to give comments that are helpful and I see your reason. It has opened my eyes too. Can't see why Boogie can't get it. No disrespect Man. Just take heed for the Gal and do better to have your comments posted and not spammed.

Shaurya,

As I have tried to explain to you previously, MakeUseOf does not appreciate a flood of short comments. We want to encourage comments that add value to the respective article, as well as conversations.

We do appreciate that people want to express their gratitude and that may not take many words. However, if we notice an inflative use of such comments, we have to question the sincerity.

So if we see a flood of short and meaningless comments by a single person like yourself, it makes us think that they are abusing our rewards system. To stop this, we mark such comments as spam.

That is what has happened to your comments. They are being identified as spam. We still go through all our spam comments and approve those that are not spam. However, we have not been able to do this on a daily basis this week. I just went through our spam folder and approved two of your comments. There are no more comments from you pending.