How can I see comments on MakeUseOf?

Ed July 27, 2011

I don’t see comments at the end of MakeUseOf articles. Just a non-clickable “Disqus” label with an animated “progress” indicator(?). What’s the secret? I’m on an iMac with Firefox 5.

if you have a slow connection it can take a minuite for the comments to load ven though the rest of the page loads quick

Do you have addons such as Noscript or Adblock enabled? 

Ed,

this might have been a temporary issue with Disqus. Can you please confirm whether Disqus still doesn't load for you. I'm afraid you won't actually see the answer here, so I will forward you the comment notification to your email address.

In case you still don't see comments, what browser plugins do you use in Firefox? Maybe you are blocking scripts, so Disqus cannot load.

Did you try another browser, for example Chrome or Safari?

We also had a similar questions previously, maybe you will find the solution there: Why do Disqus comments on MakeUseOf never load?

• Ed

First off, thanks for sending the email -- very intelligent, as I wouldn't otherwise have seen your reply.  I finally found the culprit (after first trying Safari as you suggested, which had no problem) by looking at likely Firefox add-ons. 

Anyway, the Ghostery add-on was identifying Disqus as a tracker, and preventing their stuff from getting through.  I unblocked it, and now the comments show.

Thanks also to Mr. Fabish for the Adblock suggestion, but it didn't pan out.

Regards,
        Ed

Thanks for the feedback, Ed! Good to hear you solved the problem.