Why can’t I comment on MUO without entering my name and email address?

Kelly Buchanan September 14, 2012

Previously when signed in I was able to comment without having to re-verify who I am. Am I missing something?

1. Alexis Akridge

I've had this issue before, but it seems that it has to do with maintenance.

A little bug in the system; don't worry about filling in the other fields, it will let you post anyway if you are logged in.

3. Usman Mubashir

I just resolved this problem by emptying the cache and cookie data.

4. GrrGrrr

I had same problem with Chrome. Clear cache, cookies, etc.

then login, no issues so far

5. HLJonnalagadda

I believe there was some kind of routine maintenance work that was being done on the site then. Should be working now.

• Ahmed Khalil

I feel so yesterday, and i face problem with my account like find my points become zero then after some refreshment it comes back.

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Considering the number of points you have, I'm sure that was a worry!
        I think the system is working fine now, though.

6. Saurav Azad

there was a problem but its fine now you can comment when you are logged in and if not you can fill your email id and then post a comment

7. xx

I have trouble signing in and commenting too. After I login the Register or Login link at the top of the page is still there instead of my info being displayed. I comment and it says I left a field blank or I posted too many times in a short time. Maybe it's a glitch?

• Ahmed Khalil

try to open any link like the makeusefo guide and open any guide link, and from their you can log simply