Why can I not comment on MakeUseOf?

josemon maliakal September 18, 2012

I have logged in with my Gmail account in MakeUseOf. When I type comment and press ‘Post Comment’ it shows ‘processing…’ then shows an error message “You might have left one of the fields blank, or be posting too quickly.” What to do?

1. Nahum Larios

so you can make questions but not answer them.....hmm interesting.

2. josemon maliakal

that was a cookie problem, when i deleted them it came ok..thanks u all

3. Yogeshwar Shukla

because u don't have an account on makeuseof.com

4. GrrGrrr

I face the same problem, but on F5 it shows the comment as posted.

5. muotechguy

2 reasons:

1. You're a new commenter; your comment has gone into moderation. The message is not very helpful though, I'll change it.

2. You managed to post the comment, but didn't wait long enough for the error message or success, and now you're trying to post the same comment again, leading to the cooldown error.

6. Ahmed Khalil

yes, it happen to me too, actually this balck fields is the fields of name, email
    which some time you have to fill but it may not appear

7. Harish Jonnalagadda

Yes, even I got a message that said I had to wait before commenting again, even though I had not commented once!

8. Blake Andreasen

I think MakeUsOf just changed cookie settings or something. It happened to me as well.
    Fix: Delete cookies

• Ahmed Khalil

I will check this way may be it will solve the problem

9. Vishwang Bhaskar

Usually It works properly ....

Copy your entire comment into the clipboard and refresh the page. Sometimes the post times out and displays that message but it actually does the post. See if your comment is there. If not, paste your comment back into the comment box and try to post it again. If it didn't work the first time, it should work the second. I have never had to try posting a message a third time.

11. Siddhant Chaurasia

If you have been spamming comments at once, just wait for about 5 seconds and try posting then. If not then try using another browser, if not you can try refreshing the page.