How can I combine the old Disqus account with the new login system on MakeUseOf?

Sahil Dave December 28, 2011

I was just wondering whether there is a way to combine the old Disqus profiles which were used for Answers and comments before the new login thing?

You can log in now with Google, Facebook, Y! etc. but the answers and comments goes on a new Disqus dashboard. Tried a lot of things but wasn’t able to combine both of my accounts.

Am I missing out something? Is there a way?

1. buddie77

I logged in as Buddie11, it says post as buddie 77 I'll go to Google news and see what happens, thanks.

2. buddie77

I logged in as buddie11 Google and you told me to post as buddie77 Disqus Im sure this is were i'm having trouble, which should I use ? I am new,, self teaching.

3. Blah

ghjgj

Sorry about the confusion Sahil. It is indeed quite complicated and we will be removing the Disqus login feature at some point to avoid further problems. As I understand it, if you've used the same email address when registering disqus accounts and through the social login, when you visit disqus it will give you the option to *merge disqus accounts*. This Disqus help page outlines the process: http://docs.disqus.com/help/40/

Unfortunately, if the social network you logged in with has a different email address to the Disqus account you had before, I dont think it's possible to merge accounts, since Disqus has nothing to connect you with, basically. 

• Ryan

You can link your other social network accounts without using the same email address -- you'll want to connect them to the Disqus account using the "Services" tab in that doc. 

Matching email addresses will help you claim guest comments. If you made guest comments under another email address, you can change your Disqus account's email (be sure to re-verify it) and you'll see that merging tab for those comments.

We're also happy to help anyone claim their comments if there are any questions. Just contact us here: http://disqus.com/support/

If you are talking about the logging in and sharing stuff from makeusof etc.
    I believe both of them are different things,
    answers and comments are managed with disqus comment platform,
    which is totally different from this sharing activity.

so you cant combine them.
    That is what I think.

You can login using social network, and it will let you comment sitewide through disqus using single-sign-on technology. It's all a bit confusing right now though. 

ok. when I read  "new login system on MakeUseOf",
        I confused it with sharing activity, and i think it is not based on disqus.
        I think what you said about combining the accounts is right, I will update if I find something about this.