How can I combine address bar and progress bar in Chrome?

sam March 15, 2011

I need a Fission-like addon for Chrome. It’s a Firefox addon that combines address bar and progress bar (Safari style).

Anybody has an idea where to get it?

thx
-saumil

1. Ergys Ura

Sorry but unlike Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome has its limits, and i believe that adding more features and extensions will wipe out its uniqueness for being a quick responsive and fast browser. more features = more loading time. ;)

2. ted

I sure hope someone has an answer. I've been trying to figure this one out for a long time. I think it's nuts we're stuck with an address bar that spans across our screen, stacked over other bars. We should be able to place bars below that address bar, in the same bar. All my bookmarks could fit up there.

3. Gargchakit

it could not be done for now because there is no default option in chrome to do that and even no extensions or addons to apply for this tweak, so right now its not possible but it could be done in future someone suggests the chrome developers or a opensource developer to create a addon/extension for this particular tweak