How do you code a web page to take up almost 1GB of memory?

facetubey January 18, 2012

1. Twisted Trunk

James/Jeff.. while what you say seems true just from a quick glance, I'd like to play devil's advocate and hope/wonder that maybe the poster is an app developer that is in the process of developing some comprehensive app that frees up memory (so comprehensive infact that he/she wants to take into consideration any scenario including a website that takes up a lot of memory :))

Leaning more towards your assumption Jeff but like I said, just playing devil's advocate :)

• Jeff Fabish

If he is having trouble debugging his code, perhaps he could share the module in question or his code performance profile (to locate bottlenecks).

I assume you're saying this in an accusatory nature, as opposed to asking for a tutorial?

I assure you, MakeUseOf does not take up 1gb of memory on any standard setup. However, I did have another reader email me about this before - we traced the problem back to them running a buggy copy of adblock. Perhaps you could let us know what plugins you're running?

• Jeff Fabish

James, I assure you your code is fine. I think he/she is asking us to tell them how to nefariously take up users memory.  

Seriously? That's a bit weird. Why would you do that?