Is cloud storage the best solution for me to share files with a client?
Question by Wanda Rivera /

I work with a photography studio abroad retouching pictures. They have to send me pictures to fix and I send back the finished product.

My question here is, what do you think is the best way of doing this, in a free way, meaning: I have opened a free cloud storage account, and opened one for them, where we have to upload the files to each account and send the links for the download process. It seems to be a tedious process, and I really don’t know if there is a better and faster way of doing this.

My operating system is Mac and they have Windows, so this would have to work on both!

Thank you for your help!!!

Wanda

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• sean wayne

Hi Wanda Rivera
    If you are facing problems in sharing, you can get some really awesome cloud services here is the list of top photo cloud storage, it will definitely make your work easy. Have fun. http://bit.ly/YQiU8Y

I use Googe Drive and Bitcasa personally. Each have awesome sharing features. It just depends on your personal preference. Best thing to do is try different ones until one suits you the best.

• Saurabh Kumar

i love using mediafire. Its the fastest. You can also use googledrive or skydrive…

• Vishal Srivastava

I’d suggest using Google Drive and its Share feature…

• Somaiya Ebrahim

I use SkyDrive..its good and not too slow

• Rakesh Mishra

yes it is secure and very easy to use

• kumar raja

glidedigital.com is super i ever seen its an online os for u and it can store upto 20 GB free

• Leyon Chung

Hello Wanda Rivera,

It’s more likely a case of freelance working. By saying this I do not mean that you are doing a freelance work but as you work remotely from your location to yield your company the required work without jumping into the tedious process of sending files here and there.

Let me kick-off thing by sharing my experience and suggestion. Cloud storage is one stop shop alternative or option which you need to use for the subjected purpose. Even you do not need to send the files all the time. All what you need to do is to share your folder / files with your subordinates and superiors (In the office) and they can access the files in the real time. Sharing link isn’t a good option, I believe. It is better to share the whole folder so that both the parties can access to it.

I have been using Dropbox for 6 months and it empowers me to share, save and access all my files and documents from any place in the world. Not only this, it also allows me to share the document with my team members so that they can work on the same document to make sure that all of us are on the same page.

Other options include; SugarSync, JustCloud, Live Drive and Mozy. They are the among the best cloud storage.

Source: http://www.cloudreviews.com/blog/best-cloud-storage-providers

• Leyon Chung

Hello Wanda Rivera,

try dropbox and google drive.