Close Tab with Mouse in Chrome?
Question by Dean /

I love the add-on “Right to Close” in Firefox. With it, you can close the current tab by double-clicking the right mouse button anywhere on the page. Is there anyway to get something similar in Chrome (i.e. closing a tab using the mouse without having to move up to the tab bar)?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

Comments for this Question are closed.

If you are looking for help, please ask a new question.

We will be happy to help you!

Answers (6)
  • Anonymous

    Does this works with Mac? if it does could someone please direct me towards a tutorial on how to do this, I have NO idea how this program works. 

    • Tina


      this question is rather old and unfortunately I don’t know the answer to your question.

      I recommend that you ask a new question via the respective button on MakeUseOf Answers.

  • Geraldo Porto

    Have you heard of any context menu in the right mouse button in Chrome? I’m looking for something similar.

  • Anonymous

    Thanks – I tried the ‘Mouse Stroke’ extension for Chrome and it works well! I bound ‘left click while holding right mouse button’ to ‘Close Tab’ and now I can easily close the current tab without moving my mouse.

    • Aibek

      Glad you liked it. Make sure to check other options offered by this addon, it can do a lot more.

  • Aibek

    I am not sure if there is a same ( addon for Google Chrome but there is an addon that offers similar functionality among the options.

    Check out Mouse Stroke for Google Chrome

    Using this addon you may perform common tasks (go back, go forward open a new tab etc etc) by simply moving your mouse. It also lets you utilize your mouse buttons to create additional shortcuts. For instance, you may set it to ‘close current tab’ when clicking the left mouse button while holding the right one.

New comment

Please login to avoid entering captcha

Log In