How can I close programs for one user if two people are using the computer?

John Cornelius August 14, 2010

If two people use the same computer, how can one of the users exit a program? I use Windows Vista Home edition, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3 GB Memory, T5550 @ 1.83 Ghz, 32 bit OS,Vaio LT32E.

Im not entirely sure what your question is either?

If two people are using once computer, they can't use it simultaneously unless the other one is still logged on and you have just used "Switch User" and not "Log off".

If you want to make it so the other user logs off, you change the settings in Control Panel, under User Accounts, Change the way users log on and off.

But please, clarify your question.

John,

are those two people using the same user account or do they have separate accounts?

I think in the Windows Home edition you can have two accounts running in parallel. So if the two users have separate accounts and both are open, then you can close all running programs of one user by logging out of their account or just rebooting the computer. Careful though, this will also discard any unsaved data.

You might have to provide some more details for a better answer.