How can I clone my GSM sim card?

Naung Naung August 13, 2010

How to clone my GSM sim card? I have MSI star reader.

1. Saikat Basu

eHow has a simple article explaining the process. It seems you will have to find and buy an inexpensive SIM Duplicator. Here's the link:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4770451_clone-sim-card.html

had no idea something like this existed. Any idea why someone might need this? backup?

• Saikat Basu

I asked someone later about the process and it seems its use as a backup is an overkill as there are simpler means to backup data. It could be used to backup your SIM card in entirety and use it with a spare phone, though its effectiveness is doubted (unless done by the network operators themselves). In some countries it falls under cyber-crime. In UK, presumably it is banned, though I am not sure.

thanks

• jpgrms

i have a galaxy tab and i want my phone's identity to be just the same as my tablet (this should pose no problem since i use my tablet differently from how i use my c.phone), hence, what i'm thinking is to clone my SIM so each device can have access to my phone line...

This is a completely different question from the above an I'm afraid I don't know the answer. However, if you ask a new question via the respective button in the top left on MakeUseOf Answers, someone else may be able to help you! Unfortunately, it's unlikely that they will see your question here.

• jpgrms

• Jan

well. my reason is that my sim card is physically worn out, it would only take while before it gives. and i want to keep that number because i never changed it since i had it.