How can I clean my registry?

manuel July 16, 2010

What is the best way to clean my registry?

1. Asdfr

lawl

2. Techreg07

u can clean it by using registry cleaner reg in out

3. Kevinb7404

I would not use ccleaner I have been using Registry booster from "uniblue.com" it is microsoft windows certified and it will fix all the errors in your registry it will also clean all the files from your registry if you have done a lot of program uninstallation you can also defrag your registry with the same program and it will pop up a window asking you if you want to make a back up copy of your registry before it cleans the registry I have been using registry booster for many years and had no problems you may also want to try speed up my PC also from uniblue,com if your computer seems to be running slow like programs taking a long time to open or load you can download both from the same website they are free to try but have to pay to be able to use the full service of the programs the website is http://www.uniblue.com

• Kate

Amazing. It's one gigantic run-on sentence.

4. Awesome

TuneUp Utilities is complete... Glary Utilities is free... both are easy to use for optimizing you pc...

5. Jean Chicoine

CCleaner was the one I used when I was on Windows. It does a very good job and asks you if you want to back up the changes in case something goes wrong, which by the way never happened.
    However, since I've been on Linux, Ubuntu first, now Linux Mint, I don't need to worry about the registry.

6. Best reg cleaner

I use CCleaner to clean my registry, it's free and works great.

• raju

definitely, I also use ccleaner and working great.

Jack Cola makes a very good point. It's easy to damage the registry, and it can be very difficult to repair it. If you definitely want to clean the registry, follow Saikat's advice. When you finish, defrag the disk or at least the registry (you can use Auslogics Registry Defrag for that) in order to benefit from the clean.

You can use the software mentioned above, or not worry about it at all. There are numerous reports out there saying that having a clean registry will have minimum inpact on your computer speed. Plus, one wrong mistake in the registry can make your computer inoperable unless you know what you are doing.

My advice is to stay away from it unless you know what you are doing.

9. Osama

use "wise registry cleaner", "ccleaner" or "eusing free registry cleaner" for that purpose.

10. Saikat Basu

CCleaner as mentioned by Abhigyan also prompts you to backup the changes to your registry to another location. Also cast your eye over the registry keys these software 'clean-up' just to make sure a vital one doesn't get deleted by mistake. A Google search will bring up lot of info on how to backup and restore your registry in case things go wrong.

• registrycleaner

CCleaner is easy to use for optimizing you pc.

11. Augie

go to downloads.com and type it in to the search bar, it will show a ton of them but i recommend what abhigyan said

There are a lot of utilities available for cleaning up the registry and other system-maintenance issues. You can try Tune Up Utilities and CCleaner. I've always had great results with them.

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner