Is it possible to have a ‘clean’ first page on an iPhone?

Wesley McKenzie October 17, 2011

I have an iPhone 4S. I have a really nice background, so, I would like to keep my ‘first page’ clean (other than the 4 default services at the bottom). However, when I sync with iTunes, and move all of the folders to the second page, as soon as I apply and sync, all the folders go back to the first page. Is there a way around this ‘feature’? If i do it manually on the phone, my folders will tend to ‘stick’ to page 2 for longer, but, eventually always end up back on page 1.

1. DaveB

Have you tried keeping just one icon on the screen. That should keep it pretty much blank. Sometimes iTunes will just get completely lost and re-sort all the app icons, then you begin the long slow process of moving them around again. You can do it with the mouse and sync to the phone or on the phone, but make sure you do syncs before you start moving them around.

[BTW, Most of the home screens (launchers) on Android let you keep a completely blank screen and you can even move icons to certain spots on the screen so you can make sure parts of the background are uncovered.]

I haven't looked into it but if I recall correctly the iPhone does not allow empty pages. 
    This is only possible by jailbreaking your device and using some springboard customization or tweak.

Can't you just make that lovely background into your lock-screen? That's the first thing you see, and you keep it in all it's loveliness until you want to actually use the phone...