How can I clean up my iPhone’s contact list?

David Fay September 27, 2012

I’ve got the 4S and when I set it up my 4 email accounts (including Outlook and Gmail) and downloaded all the contacts, the list has ended up in a mess with tons of duplicates/triplicates/quads and many of them start with Mr or Ms. Some are just email addresses and some have the their last name and first names switched.

How can I clean up this mess? Any help is appreciated.

1. Eric Goldstein

Check out ContactCleaner ($.99) or Contacts Duster ($1.99).. Both good for what you're trying to do.

2. Rick Ester

I downloaded a app called contact sync for gmail . I struggled for a week then I found this in app store. Good luck

The easy way to do is to edit those contacts in Gmail and Hotmail via their web interface i.e. visiting their site and editing them.This will get rectified after you sync your edited contacts.In short,edit the source where all these contacts generate so that it gets affected everywhere.

4. bonioloff

In my way you can sync the data to icloud and repair it in the web-based iCloud contact manager, it is easier than using the iPhone contact it self.