Is there a way to circumvent AT&T throttling data speeds?

bobby January 1, 2012

That’s what I need this month.

1. GOVVOG

1996 Telecommunications Act the gov sold those air waves to a paying few & as of Aug 2009 Comcast in light of FCC ruling against mismanagement Comcast for packet snooping (i.e. P2P and sent the end user U, a message as if the P2P network site technical difficulties connecting ahem, Downloading) Comcast shot back if there failure was failing to inform their customers of throttling back broad bandwidth well Comcast notified everybody present and future customers of broadband consumption but Cricket a cellular phone company gets the 2 thumbs down this year for "UNLIMITED TALK TEXT AND DATA" 1G 2G 3G but no 4G. Go over you data plan with these guys or any such providers of the Internet and www and no last they slowed you down to a 1g talk talk talk   if you went over you bandwidth consumption as outlined in your contract and this year me thinks overages will be AT&T bread winner... 

Bobby,

That depends. I'm not familiar with AT&T, are they throttling all of your traffic of just a specific protocol (such as your P2P traffic)? 

• Bobby

All of it. I got their infamous "top 5%" of users text and a week later and i can't get my dl speed to higher than 100k/s where as before I was getting a good 5mb/s before. I pay good money for my iPhone and now it might as well be boost mobile. Why have a smart phone if your ISP is dumb. Best Part Is im in a contract so screw me. Lol

• Jesse

I have AT&T and I am one of those "top 5%" too. They slowed me down too. I am not going to sit idle and let them get away with it. I am taking action. I just need more people like us. Email me at attslowedmedown@gmail.com tell anyone else if they are top 5% too.

• Amanesido

I filed a complaint with BBB and magically my LTE speed returned after 3 days? Maybe is what we all need to do

• Jeff Fabish

The BBB is a blatant scam. See my comment on this thread. I doubt very highly it was the complaint to BBB that fixed your connection, seeing as it would take more than that to even process the complaint. 

• Jim Tf

Your billing cycle started ended/started stupid. BBB... Give me a break

Short Answer, No, All mobile broadband ISPs will throttle your speeds, and there is nothing at all that can be done from your end... 

Hello, easiest way is by changing ISP providers to one that does bit throttle as much.  Almost everyone of them do though...