Is there a Chrome extension that can replace “Incognito This!”?

J.m. H September 3, 2014

Last year MakeUseOf recommended using the Incognito This! extension for Google Chrome (//www.makeuseof.com/tag/incognito-switch-normal-private-browsing-single-click/). It’s an extension I already knew and loved so I was glad to see MakeUseOf recommend it so highly. It was the easiest way I knew of to move a tab to and from Incognito Mode, killing the original tab in the process.

Unfortunately the extension was removed form the Chrome store by its author so even though I had it installed I’ve lost it. I haven’t been able to find something that will not only open a tab in Incognito Mode but will also take a page open in Incognito Mode and open it in a regular tab. The ability to close the original tab would be great but I can do without it if I have to, but I really need an addon to switch between the two modes. Does anyone know of something that will do this?

There seems to be a similar extension available but I'm not sure it has all the functionality as I have never used the previous one myself.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/incognito-this-tab/nhockicmnnjibbhgcpphjicilgcfehdi

• J.m. H

I saw that one. Unfortunately it only works normal -> incognito, not the other way. But thanks for checking. I'm hoping someone sees something I haven't seen yet. I don't think the IT! dev knows just how good an app he made.

• J.m. H

I saw that one, but it on't goes normal tab -> incognito, not the other way around. Thanks for looking. I'm hoping someone knows of one that neither of us have seen yet.