What is the name of the Chrome browser clone that provides 100% privacy?

Kike April 1, 2010

What is the name of the browser that is exactly like Chrome, but where privacy is guaranteed?
Note: This browser is not popular, but actually good to completely protect private data. And please do not be confused with the type of privacy that you can optionally activate in certain browsers.
Thank you.

1. Margarita

I do not know of any browser that will give 100% privacy,I have tried SRWare Iron and all of the popular and less known browsers.I have loads to learn when it comes to computer technology,but I have worked hard to teach myself how computers work,and I have paid attention to privacy+security,learnt the hard way too,I try to give my grandchildren good,safe,advice.One point Steve Campbell,about incognito mode-Chrome,I like Chrome,but you will find that your history is still kept even when you use incognito,by Google of course.I want to feel safe on my computer,but when it comes to my children,grandchildren,I do not take anything at face value,my blood boils when they have thought they had real privacy,and its all been recorded.Computers are wonderful,endless learning,games,careful emailing,art,the sciences.Perhaps when you need complete privacy,talk face to face with someone you trust,I know this is not possible for many people,but we can try hard to make it possible for our family and friends,and others if we can.For safety and security,its always worth extra research and questions,on our computers.Margarita.

2. M_y

Give ChromePlus a try: http://www.chromeplus.org

3. Jessica Cam W.

I think you're talking about SWare Iron, the browser that's based on the Chromium source code. Get it at the publisher's site: http://www.srware.net/en/software.php

4. Steve Campbell

You can set any browser to delete history and data on exit. In Chrome, like Jack said, there is an incognito mode that you can enable which will allow you to browse without keeping any history in case you didn't want to keep your settings that way.

I am not aware of any clone browser of Google Chrome, let alone something that has privacy 100% is guaranteed. Unless you are referring to Incognito mode?

If something is a clone of something, I wouldn't think it would be better then the real product, thus the privacy would be less than chrome.

I personally believe that the software you is referring is a scam and is actually recording your data you type in.

• Kike

SRWare Iron: The browser of the future - based on the free Sourcecode "Chromium" - without any problems at privacy and security

Google's Web browser Chrome thrilled with an extremely fast site rendering, a sleek design and innovative features. But it also gets critic from data protection specialists , for reasons such as creating a unique user ID or the submission of entries to Google to generate suggestions. SRWare Iron is a real alternative. The browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome - but without the critical points that the privacy concern.

We could therefore create a browser with which you can now use the innovative features without worrying about your privacy.

We want our users to participate in our work and make the browser free to download under the name "SRWare Iron" into the net.