Are there cheaper alternatives to Open-Mesh access points and routers that can connect to CloudTrax controllers?

Iraklis November 3, 2014

Could someone tell what access points and routers are compatible with CloudTrax controller other than Open-Mesh products?
I am trying to find cheaper equipment to do my job. I am keen to use TP-Link or D-Link products. What do you think of them?

You certainly can't use home-grade routers with a CloudTrax controller (the whole financial model of an enterprise-grade systems like CloudTrax is that it's an eco-system and you need to buy suitable devices for every part of it). However, have a look at Meraki (https://meraki.cisco.com/products/wireless) and see if, as a total solution it will a) do what you want and b) cost less.

2. Jan F.

I'm quite positive you are limited to the products offered by Open-Mesh. The problem simply is that CloudTrax/Open-Mesh relies on the devices running their firmware.