Why does my charger heat up when charging my Samsung Galaxy tablet?

Sam K April 15, 2014

Wall charger heats up while charging Samsung Galaxy Tablet- GT-P5113. Using all original accessories- charger, cable, wall socket.  I have tried using multiple wall sockets, but the heating issue still exists. Unable to identify the fault.

As mentioned, it is normal for some chargers to heat up to a rather warm temperature, though I would be cautious if it is very hot to the touch. It is possible that the electricity running to your home fluctuates or needs to be conditioned (it can cause the charger to "work" harder to maintain the property voltage, amperage, and impedance necessary for your device). I would recommend trying a decent surge protector plugged in between the wall socket and the charger to see if it helps. Otherwise, you may need a new charger and/or cord.

It's normal for chargers to heat up while charging the devices.Usually,the tablet charger supplies high amount of current to the device so that it charges in reasonable amount of time.The battery is also larger than those of smartphones.

But if your charger is getting heated up beyond touch,then stop using it and contact the service support.

well is it new problem, it is possible that the charger heat up but not until melting point.