What can I do if someone changed my email and password on Facebook?

Jason Nelson August 28, 2011

I want to keep everything on my account, but someone changed my email and password. I can’t bring myself up.

1. yashgupta

plz help me my account password has been changed plz recover me plzzzz

Someone has used my email address as their primary address on their Facebook account. I received a email saying that this persons email on fb was not valid, and the new email address that would be used was mine. I can open fb from this email and see this persons page. I have no idea who this person is. If I change my email password will this resolve the issue ?

Changing your email address password is a good idea. However, it won't change the fact that this person added your email address to their Facebook. Maybe if you have access to their account, remove your address from it.

3. naqibah

my friend's password facebook account has been changed. but, he doesn't know about that. i think that he might be someone hacked. but i don't sure. how can my friend login his facebook account again?

4. lubana arvinder singh

Someone changed my password and i am unable to reset.

5. Gurpreet singh

Plz help me someone change my fb id password and gmail id password also

if you have family members on your facebook, log into their account search for yourself and try to find out the email address.

• Susendeep Dutta

This has resulted because you were using the same password for both of your accounts.Next time change your password to stronger one and use different passwords for different accounts.

If you're asking about only password theft then you can try the steps mentioned in the link below -

6. alieh

someone block my email or just changed my email password hoe can i figure out

7. nafsi

someone has changed my friends mail at her facebook account and now he/she deactivated the account. i sent him/her message at the new mail to give me the password or i will go to the police and now. . . . . . my friands account is deactivated. what can i do now????

8. Hetal Desai

someone has changed my email id and password of mu facebook account.plz suggest some guidelines to do.

9. breeda palmer

help me change my email to something else. i cant get into my facebook

10. sasi

how to enter email password

11. cody

someone is trying to delete my facebook and they changed my password so i cant do anything about it dam u who did that

12. shivani kamath

somebody has changed my passward and called the fb center that i have opened his account and lied about it

13. Pranchika

please hepl facebook someone has changed my password and email id password also

14. Pranchika

someone has changed my password of email id and email id password also

15. Deanjagger

Someone has taken my FB account, changed my email, what can I do??

• Jay.0

Do you have security question on your account?
      You can also recover it using your mobile number.

Check the new email from your account info, so it will reveal an the email id the hacker is using.ask a friend to read it for you.You can report the account as your old account and select cancel or recover.Read my comments above and similar questions above the comments for more details.

• Kimmeybdale

someone changed my security question also. I cant get into my account at all. Is it a way I can call facebook, or send them some kind of identity ID that its me. I

@ab6d776632a6d37eec656aad24c01922:disqus  If you have know the current password, you can eaily recover by going to account settings..and then click on email and password.

to chage email :http://goo.gl/ovj2jtp cahnge password : http://goo.gl/H81E5or, if your situation is exactly the same like the person asked this question, then read my comments aobve.

17. Jackie Cookiemonster56

Can I change my email and password please:):!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a guest :)
    all i can do is think before posting..So i have to append less.

see here you have two more options....one is user name third is when you just have to third option is right for you...
    enter one of the frinds name and your name
    CASe sensitive strictly.
    dont send a reset link to the current email by mistake..else the hacker will get alert.
    click on i dont have access and you will
    This will work if you have set a security qusetion

• Jeffery Fabish

For future reference, unless you're on a guest account you should be able to edit your original message (:

you can also login with your mobile number and the user name (if you have a user name)
    And also check which email address is attached with your fb account right now, by viewing  your account from a frinds account.
    if the hacker is smart...he can hide it from privacy settings.

Hi jason you can still recover your account..there are multiple ways but i have not tested any of them.
    If your frind list is visible to everyone..you can reciver your account....
    Do u have attached your cell number to your account ?
    you can recover it by receiving a text message on your cell.

Facebook Manager "login@facebook.com"
    Full Name, Date of birth , Male or female, Contact email, List of any of your email addresses associated with your account....

Facebook Hacked