How do I change from Window mode to seamless mode to full screen mode when using VirtualBox?

Anonymous June 14, 2011

The program works great, I’m just not able to make the screen any bigger. I’m using a Mac and I’m running Windows 7 on it as the guest operating system. Thanks.

I think that is one of the downsides with Virtual Box. I believe you need to install Virtual Box Guest Additions on the Windows 7 guest OS.Another solution that you might want to try out (but may not work for your setup), is to have the guest OS network settings in Bridge Mode, get an IP from your home router, and Remote Desktop Connect to it.I have Windows Server 2008 on a Windows 7 host, and I use RDP and it works much better, plus I can access the server remotely on any device in my house

Have you tried installing guest additions? If you've already done so, restart the virtual machine and go to full screen mode (CTRL+F or File-> Full screen). To leave the full screen, navigate your mouse to the bottom of the virtual machine and choose "Restore". 

Hi Aibek, I think that is one of the downsides with Virtual Box. I believe you need to install Virtual Box Guest Additions on the Windows 7 guest OS.

Another solution that you might want to try out (but may not work for your setup), is to have the guest OS network settings in Bridge Mode, get an IP from your home router, and Remote Desktop Connect to it.

I have Windows Server 2008 on a Windows 7 host, and I use RDP and it works much better, plus I can access the server remotely on any device in my house