Is it possible to change the username of my Gmail address?

Srini Nivas October 5, 2012

Can I change my username in Gmail? I’d like to change the <username> before @gmail.com but keep the old account and email, obviously. Can this be done?

1. Uday Kadam

I can't send emails from my iPhone. It keeps telling me user name or the password for the Gmail is incorrect. What should I do ?

2. Rayon Blend

no , it can't be done .

3. Brian Mok

If only... you could always create a new Gmail account and forward all your mail there. But, as of right now, no you can't change your Gmail username.

No its not possible but you can create another email id and link it with your older id. And also after enabling POP3 options in your new id settings will allow you to import all your old emails and also any future email.

5. Saina Nehwal

Nope...... You can't change the user name of your google account.

6. shaurya gupta

No dude, this feature ain't not available right now. But you can add a forwarding address to a new account of desired username! Hope this help...:) It's better to use outlook, i think u can change username in it.

7. GrrGrrr

If u want to keep the old account and email, better create a new email.

8. James Maciel

sorry that's not possible

9. Carl Scott

No, and so far I have found that no ISP or email "handlers" choose not to get involved with changing usernames or email addresses. They will, however, allow you to create another. Just how many you can have is something is not known, but I'm sure they have their limits ...

10. Ahmed Khalil

i donot think sorry

11. Edwin Williams

I don't think Google allows that yet.

12. 1hegame
  13. Vishal Mishra

no it cannot be done.

14. Harish Jonnalagadda

Cannot be done, atleast for now.

15. Benjamin Trotter

Not possible to change it to another ID. But you can forward any incoming mail from one account to another address.

16. Amit Sinha

No you can't do that but alternatively you can create another email id and link it to previous email thereafter you don't have to login separately.

17. Aditya Roy

Not at the moment.

18. Tug Ricks

It doesn't look like it's a possibility at this point.

"If you use Gmail with your Google Account, it's not currently possible to change your Gmail username after you've registered."

http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=19870

19. Deekshith Allamaneni

As far as I know it is not possible. Even I had the same problem. I took some funny gmail address when I was a kid and now I cannot change it. The only thing we can do is to create another one and forward all your old email address mails to the new one.