How can I change my Tumblr blog to use a sidebar?
Question by Suhel /

I’ve this personal Tumblr blog for which I’m using the Munich theme (http://munichtheme.tumblr.com/) source code (http://pastebin.com/f256a61e3)

The problem with this theme is now the Horizontal Navigation bar where all the links to pages can be seen on the top of the page next to the header. I don’t want to keep the navigation bar instead I want a sidebar on the right side. I tried to code it but then the whole layout gets destroyed. Please Help.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

i think it’s encrypted with a java.cs code somewhere? which is why deleting the code will ruin all the other html codes. it’s likely because the owner coded it that way

• Suhel

NVM, a guy on tumblr was kind enough to guide me. Simply had to add these two syntax’s
    #nav {
    position: fixed !important;
    top: 115px !important;
    left: 1100px !important;
    width: 150px !important;
    }
    #nav > li > a {
    display: inline-block !important;
    width: 125px !important;
    line-heigh

• April Eum

i think it’s encrypted with a java.cs code somewhere? which is why deleting the code will ruin all the other html codes. it’s likely because the owner coded it that way :(

• iVad3r

Well you’ll have to check your theme’s options to enable sidebar, if you didn’t find anything, then your theme doesn’t support, so you’ll need to code one (which require you to have really good HTML skills and CSS) or change the theme.

• Suhel

Thanks for replying.

1. I dont want to change the theme.
      2. I did code the sidebar (thanks to some sites) but then I was not able to control the whole layout, it got distorted.
      3. For the above two reasons I’ve landed up here because there are many knowledgeable peeps who are involved into answering hence I’ve even provided the source code too :)

• muotechguy

Those are some fairly major changes you’re asking for there, so you’re not going to get anyone willing to do the grind work for you for free. Like iVad3r said, you’ll need to be really good and CSS and code this yourself.

• Suhel

Tbh, if anyone can look into the code its not really a major change. Like I said I was able to get the sidebar, only problem was the layout got bit messed up. I don’t think anyone have yet bothered to see the source code. ah, nvm you can never get everything on the internet.