How do I change the timezone (or the time) on my basic Samsung TracFone?

Curtis James McConnell October 4, 2014

I bought a cheap (non-flip) Samsung TracFone. I don’t know the model number. Recently, my clock reset itself an hour behind my stated timezone. I’ve gone to Settings/Time and Date. It won’t let me change from Automatic. It won’t let me change the time zone. It won’t let me manually set the clock. All three of these are greyed out. I cannot scroll to them.

1. iam50fen

I had the same phone until a week ago. I searched around then and found that the same phone had the same problem last year and yet Samsung hasn't bothered to fix it in the year since. Last year it corrected itself after Daylights Savings, so you either have to put up with it for a month or do what we did which is buy better LG phones that were on sale for $19.00 at Dollar General (reg. $50.00).

2. Jan F.

I did some search and it looks like the phone might be using outdated dates for switching the Daylight Saving Time. I'm not familiar with the phone but if possilbe updating it's software might help.
    Other then that the following article explains how to change time settings
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00039973/40141/SCH-R451ZKGTRF