How can I change the theme of Google Chrome in Windows 7?

Rohan September 22, 2011

Whenever I try to change the colour of Google Chrome, like grey or silver, the colour remains the same as the colour selected in window colour option in personalizatiion menu of Windows 7. How can I change the Google Chrome colour then?

1. Lee

Did you try applying a whole different theme? As long as the theme sets a background image/color, it would default to that. I had a theme that did that and I wanted the Aero background, so I had to go in and edit a theme file. Not really sure why it would only apply part of a theme unless there's some cached info. As was suggested above, try restarting chrome/your computer, and if that doesn't work, try reinstalling Chrome.

First as usual, you should restart the chrome, then restart you pc if it does not work, clear cache etc.
    try to apply a different theme, that will change the colors, and then try again to change colors like you wanted to to.