How do I change my sub-title on Facebook from my work to my school?

Jamie Kuhns August 10, 2012

I do have Timeline, my only network is my university, but as stated it still shows my work in a search or if they hover over it when I make a comment. I would like to remove any reference to my work. Thanks.

1. Anay Chaubal

Go to your about section / edit profile, then remove the detail about your work. FB will have the latest organization you attended in that section, so, either remove your work, or change the most recent organization to one that you would rather show everyone. Another idea is to set the privacy settings for that part to friends or only you, so that although all details are maintained, it would not be visible to anyone else.

2. Thomas McArthur

Did you delete your "work" entry from your profile settings? (where you enter your personal information)

3. Yasin Soliman

Are you referring to your 'position status'? For example: "works at [business] or attends/graduated [college/university].

This should be able to be changed by removing your work position status from Timeline - for example 'began working at [business] and re-add your school position in the education section of your profile, so it removes all references to your work/business.