How can I change who sees my status updates when I check in using Facebook?

Dr.Sunil Vaswani April 2, 2012

When I check in to Facebook places it goes to my default friend network. Is there a way to custom my settings for places so I can override the default audience for those kinds of updates?

1. jedimasterchris

Yes, you would have to change your overall privacy settings for updates in general I think. One thing I did was group certain people into "Group A" and set my settings to post to "friends except Group A"

The Facebook terminology for the group is "list" and when you update your status from a computers browser to the left of your "Post" button is a box that says "Friends" that's the bit you need to play with to change the settings. Hope that helps!

2. Reza Pazooki

The default setting for Places is the same as the default for all of your updates. It can't be changed independently, so you'll either have to change the default for all updates or change the share setting for each places update when you post it. The latter can be done by clicking the icon in the lower right of the entry screen.

• Goodysunny

I understand

You mean , while checkin there is option to change audience in fb own mobile app?