How do I change my relationship status on Facebook without certain people knowing?

Austin October 20, 2011

I just got together with this girl, and I want to put up that we’re in a relationship, but she doesn’t want her parents to know. Her parents are on her friends list, so wouldn’t the relationship change pop up on their walls since she would technically be “tagged” in it? How can I update this so that her friend’s can’t see it?

1. Reality

Nobody cares that you're in a relationship. Seriously though, nobody.

Both of you and especially the girl should apply the privacy settings I mention here :
    click here :http://goo.gl/kI6Y

(or goto profile>>edit profile>>friends and family>>relationship status>> click the icon on right side.)

you will see your relationship status on top...and a small icon to the right side, which shows who can see this.

Now the girl should go and click it, and select custom from the menu.
    there will be a "hide this from" field : enter her parents names.
    click on save changes.

If you are friends with her parents or friends with anybody from whom you want to hide your relationship,
    then do the same,
    enter those names in hide this from field and save.

else select "friends only".
    Don't select friends of friends or public" else her parents will be albe to see your relation ship when they visit your profile.

• La la

You saved my life.