How to change region Europe to India for FM in Samsung Galaxy Y model?

shreyanshi shah August 20, 2012

In Samsung Galaxy Y model only Europe & USA region shown. I need to change it to India region for FM radio setting. How is this possible?

1. SKK

Hey buddy ,u don't need to change anything to India because their are only 2 option available USA & Europe.But i tested on my Samsung Galaxy Y and found that it working fine without changing any settings.

• Manigandan

I am having the same problem. FM not working. Having Samsung S2.

I'm not an expert in radio technology, but know enough to explain it in rough terms, with lots of inaccuracies. :-)

In the US, radio transmissions are strictly controlled by the FCC. They place strict limitations on the design and configuration of all wireless devices, including radios. In the US, radios can only pick up certain frequencies - they are designed to receive broadcasts between 88 and 108MHz.

I don't believe that Indian radios broadcast at the same frequencies. In order to prevent radio frequencies from bleeding into one another, it was agreed upon through international convention to segment the world's radio markets into three regions. It can be assumed that these three regions broadcast on separate frequencies, which would make radio equipment from one part of the world completely incompatible in other markets. So, to answer your question, you shouldn't be able to use your phone as a radio (unless it's internet radio) in another market.