How can I change the privacy setting for an individual wall item on Facebook?

geir June 11, 2011

I posted an item on my wall (Facebook), with my default setting friends only. However, I would like to change to a sub-set of my friends that I have created a list for. Is there any way to change the setting of an individual wall post.

1. Amaar Ahmed

i posted somthing on my time line and make it to show only me

but after that my frnds posted on my timeline something
    and timeline make privacy as only me:i want to make those posted public help me
    :

• Jay.0

Question clear karo thoda!
      Follow these steps if you want to change the privacy setting of  the posts that your friend posted on timeline to public or friends only.

http://goo.gl/DaO6r
      privacy settings >how you connect>
      Who
      can see posts by others on your timeline?  set it to friends only /public (your choice) >doneThose are the birthday wishes, right ?Belated happy birthday :)

yes it is possible now..chaeck out your profile...there will be option on the right side of every post to change the privacy...

• Snoody

@Jay I don't see that option. I see a padlock, which when I mouseover it, shows "Friends" but clicking it does nothing. Other than that, there's just Like, Comment and Share. Nothing appears when I mouseover the area on the right, except the x button to remove the post.

@ebb98189a1ad6be4393c4f9212565e20:disqus  first you have to click on profile tab..then you will see your posts..when you click the icon it will show a list of three options...select one if them...
        this will be accessible to u if you have new settings.

• Snoody

@6341a020e6230d52bb45ed86b3d6f042:disqus that new option showed up for me just minutes ago :) They must have been progressively rolling it out to people, presumably to average out the server load caused by so many people wanting to take the tour of the new features.

:)

good news....very soon u will be able to changethe privacy setting for an individual wall item on Facebook...

4. Osama

yes re-post with new settings

5. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

I don't think there is a way to edit the settings of an already existing post, you will have to either delete and re-post or just re-post.