How can I change png in stylesheet (style.css) in wordpress?

Andy February 26, 2010

I am new in wordpress and want to change the logo in my theme (filmter.com). In style.css, I see the following: background: url(“images/logo.png”) no-repeat left top

I assume I need to change “images/logo.png” to the logo I want to display, but I can not find where it is. Can anyone tell me where I can find this file?

1. Andy

Hello, thank you both for taking the time to answer.

@Jonathan.. I have tried your method. Since I am not experienced with ftp software, I needed to start from ground zero by downloading filezilla. It took me quite some time but finally managed to change the logo. In this "journey", I learnt quite a few new things that might help me in the future.

@Steve... yes I am using WordPress self hosted and your method was sooo easy :)

Anyway... thanks a alot again.

2. Jonathan Bennett

Login to your files with FTP software and go to the following directory:
    your-site.com/wp-content/themes/your-theme/images/

This is where you will find the image and you can upload the replacement.

3. Steve Campbell

I'm assuming you're using WordPress self hosted and not WordPress.com.

In that case, the easiest way is to go into your Cpanel (www.yourdomain.com/cpanel), log in using the same ID/password you use for wordpress, and go to 'File Manager'.

You can then navigate to the images folder in www>wp-content>themes>'whatever your theme is'>images. In that folder just upload your new image as logo.png and overwrite the existing file.

If you want to save the other logo first before overwriting it just download it.