How can I change my MUO username?

1hegame October 17, 2012

MUO previously used my username in comments and now I don’t know from where it is pulling RaMaN as my name. I’ve checked my Twitter account/profile but I didn’t find any field with RaMaN written. It was actually but I changed it to ‘Unknown’. But still raman is appearing.

I also want to change my registered email i.e. from mailinator domain and there seems no way from where I can change this.

1. Simeen

I got spelling mistake in my name want to change nw

2. Rayon

if you want to change your muo name, you will Want to change your homepage name. I believe you will delete the point you have, once you change it.

3. Boni Oloff

It is unchangeable, since it is based on the linked Social Networking Account, Maybe you can try to change the username in the linked social network (Facebook/ Twitter)

4. Bishal Mahat

its a strange problem even i m having this problems

5. Adrian Rea

I too have noticed this but I have different names between yahoo and facebook. As said it pulls your name from the site you authenticate yourself. It is like this article as I see it today gives the poster as 1hegame but I see Raman lower down as a reply. Not sure how the muo database is set up but there may be differing ways it stores users posts and replies.

• RaMaN

Yeah, you caught it right.

6. RaMaN

Whoever edited this must know the answer. Then why he/she didn't answered?

Your name was pulled from Twitter at the time you registered. Even though you've changed it now, it is still stored in our user database as how it was originally, *as well as* as it is from twitter now.

I am currently developing a way for you to change this, but it won't be ready for some time yet.

• RaMaN

Yes, at that time it was 'as' RaMaN. So that's the reason why it is still appearing as raman! | Is that way which you're developing going to be specially for me or for whole community ^-

• Muo TechGuy

Heh... for everyone.

• ReĆ½ Aetar

thats good i want to change my user name too

• RaMaN

I want to change my registered email ASAP. It is with mailinator domain and mailinator deletes mail after some time. So I'm loosing track of MUO mails.

• Muo TechGuy

I'm reliably informed that changing the email registered with your social provider will automatically update it here.

• RaMaN

No. actually that is the problem. My registered email on twitter is of gmail and all notifications sent by MUO goes to mailinator mailbox. I may once registered here with mailinator but now I want to change it. There's no account settings on MUO.
          ____
          I don't know how to further reply you. reply thing here is filling up.

• Ahmed Khalil

strange problem???