How can I change my mouse pointer to default?
Question by Marco /

I ask this because when I update my driver using uniblue powersuite, the mouse updated and when I restarted my computer, my mouse pointer changes to touchpad mouse icon, i.e. the square icon with up and down arrow and with hand point on it. Please help me. :(

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

do you have your old mouse pointer back? Please let us know whether ha14’s advice worked. Thank you!

How to customize:

1. Type main.cpl either in Start menu search box or in Run dialog box, and hit enter.

2. Move to Pointers tab.

3. Select a new Pointer Scheme from the drop down menu.

4. Click Apply.

1)Step 1. Click the Start
    2)Follow this path: Settings -> Control Panel -> double click Mouse (in the Classic View setting). For the Category View setting, click Printers and Other Hardware -> Mouse.
    3)The Mouse Properties window should have popped up. Locate and click the Pointers tab.4)In the Scheme section there is a dropdown menu with all the various cursor scheme icons. Go thorough them until you find one that suits your tastes.
    5)Click Apply -> click OK and you’re done.

In Vista
    1)Step 1. Click the Start
    2) Follow this path: Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> click Change how your mouse works
    3) Select a new scheme from the Mouse pointers section.
    4) Click Apply -> click Save and you’re done.

1)To access the personalization options and settings in Windows Vista, right-click on an empty area of your desktop, and choose “Personalize”.

2)This will open the “Appearance and Personalization” page of the Control Panel, which exposes the seven sets of customizable properties for “Window Color and Appearance”, “Desktop Background”, “Screen Saver”, “Sounds”, “Mouse Pointers”, “Theme”, and “Display Settings”.

3)To load the cursor and mouse pointer options, click on the Mouse Pointers link: this will open the Mouse Properties window, the central repository of customizable settings related to mouse usage and cursor appearance in Windows Vista.

4)The Mouse Properties window automatically opened with the Pointers tab selected: this is the tab that allows you to switch the mouse pointer scheme, or theme, that Windows Vista uses

5)The Scheme dropdown menu at the top shows you which cursor scheme Vista is currently using: to switch to another pointer theme, pick another scheme from the menu. By default, if your computer is recent enough to handle fancy graphics, Windows Vista uses the Windows Aero scheme described earlier. You can switch to more austere or more fantasist pointer schemes on the fly (click Apply to preview).