How can I change my Linksys configuration to default values?

oxanacanada January 21, 2011

I have unsecured WLAN, so I went to 192.168.1.1 and changed default SSID (linksys) to different name. Right after saving I lost network connection in all my devices. Please help to put ‘linksys’ name back! I tried to find that new name on my network map, but it’s not there, it’s still shown as ‘linksys’, though no success to connect.

In case you need it, here is a quick guide about how to setup a linksys router:

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-setup-a-linksys-router.html

Locate the Reset button on your device (mostly on the back) and find a tool which will fit into the hole to press the button. Press the button for 30 seconds until the front LEDs are blinking 3-5 times. After a minute of waiting your Router should be back to factory defaults.

If this doesn't work you'll have to do a Hard Reset (30-30-30 reset):
    - unplug all Ethernet cables
    - push the reset button for 30 seconds
    - now unplug the power cable, DON'T release the Reset button
    - after 30 seconds replug the power cable, keep holding Reset
    - another 30 seconds later, finally release the Reset button
    Now give the Router another 10-20 seconds to finish before performing a simple power cycle (unplug and replug the power cable once again).

One word of advice: Always do the initial setup using a wired connection!