How can I change the language of my Windows operating system?

isaac boateng April 23, 2011

My computer is in Italian language. How can I change the language into English language?

one way will be Goto the start->control panel->regional and language options->Langauges
    Open "Details" button in the language tab. Then in the settings tab click on "Add" button to add new language

same as per above, except than you might have to download the language pack from windows pack first

Change the display language

Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Ultimate

1. Start -> All Programs --> Windows Update --> Optional Updates.
    2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
    3. Tick the Language Pack you want and hit OK
    4. Proceed with Install Updates
    5. Depiction of Windows 7 downloading a Language Pack
    6. Automatic install initiated after download

How to change the Windows 7 Display Language:

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
    2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language dropdown menu.
    3. Click OK
    4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

which version and edition of Windows do you have?

I know that with Windows 7 only the Ultimate and Enterprise editions support language packs. With all other editions you cannot change the language for your operating system.

In Windows XP, language packs are only available for companies that are part of a volume licensing program or who have Select and Enterprise agreements.