How can I change the language of a CD or DVD?
Question by Samantha /

I bought myself Zumba, a fitness video, but it plays in another language. How do I change the language to English?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac OS X & Software
Mac Switchers
Mac Switchers

• manoj

i have passion dvd player but language changed like chonees which i cant understand….ihow can i change language to english

• E_williams

We are trying to play a DREAMWorks video on Windows Medai Player. The teacher has always played this in Spanish with English subtitles. This year she went to play and it is in English. We have tried the advanced menu on the DVD but it doesn’t seem to “take” and still plays in English

E,

if you are still seeking for a solution, I recommend you to ask a new question. It will be posted on the MakeUseOf Answers front page and will receive a response within a few hours.

Samantha,

so were you able to figure out how to change the language on your CD/DVD following Saikat’s instructions? Let us know and if the answer was helpful, please ‘Like’ it. Thank you!

• Saikat Basu

DVD language settings allow you to specify what languages the DVD subtitle, soundtrack, and menu are in. The language settings are subject to the availability of each language on the DVD and can be overridden by selections that you make in the default DVD menu.

1. Select ‘Settings’ of the DVD player via the remote.
    2. Select Language from the menu.
    4. Use the navigation buttons on the remote and +/- buttons to bring your selections for DVD subtitles, soundtrack, or menu into focus.
    5. Press OK/ENTER to apply your selections and return to the TV Settings menu.

I am assuming that you are using a TV. If not, tell us the media player you are using on your computer.